Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Install Virtual Machine on M2 NVMe Query

Hi, just love your vids and they have helped me so much and are full of valuable info and tips! I'm buying the Synology DS1621+. I've been trying to find sources on the internet but can't seem to find an answer. My question is, can I install a VM on the M2 NVMe storage array or is it best to rather use the M2 NVMe as caching? It will be a standard Windows VM only running software to use Livedrive which is to keep my files backed up with the cloud. Thank you kindly Smile

Regards
Ilan
Thanks a ton for the appreciation! When it comes to the Synology DS1621+, it's an excellent choice. Now, regarding your query, it's worth noting that Synology, as of now, doesn't allow the specific installation of apps onto the M.2 NVMe storage—you can't manually choose to move apps there. However, the M.2 NVMe can be utilized for caching, which does contribute significantly to overall system performance. So, while you can't directly specify and move apps to the NVMe storage, leveraging it for caching remains a solid option for an enhanced user experience.