Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DS220j mounting bracket

I have a DS220j and recently replaced 2 WD Red 4TB HDD with 2 Seagate Ironwolf 12TB HDD. My challenge is that the Seagate HDDs do not have that middle screw hole in the sides, and I cannot for the life of me find the L-bracket that came with my DS220j that is needed to anchor the HDDs. I cannot find them on eBay. Does ANYone know where I can obtain that L-shaped bracket and mounting screws so I can secure my new HDDs? Or, perhaps have one I can purchase? TIA.
It sounds like you're dealing with a common issue when upgrading to larger drives that lack the middle screw holes. Here’s how you might resolve it:

Finding the L-Bracket:
Synology Support: The first step would be to contact Synology's support team directly. They can often provide replacement parts or direct you to an authorized reseller who can supply the bracket and screws.

Online Retailers: While eBay is a common place for finding used parts, you might have better luck with specialized electronics or NAS parts retailers. Websites like Amazon or Newegg sometimes carry replacement parts or mounting kits for specific NAS models.

3D Printing: If you're open to a DIY approach, there are 3D printing services that can create custom parts based on provided specifications. Websites like Thingiverse or MyMiniFactory may have pre-designed models for NAS brackets that you can print yourself or have printed by a local service.

Universal Mounting Kits: In some cases, universal mounting kits can be used to secure drives in NAS enclosures. These kits often include various brackets and screws that might work for your situation.

Community Forums: NAS and tech forums sometimes have users who have spare parts or can offer advice on where to find specific components. It might be worth posting in a relevant forum or subreddit.