Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS for google photos

Hi. I world like to replace the google photo With a nas. Need support in mobile with app that automatically stores photos and videos on nas. Should be able to do face recognition.
I have a synonlogy ds115j that i would like to use for remote backup of the nas. It should be at least a 2 bay. I would also like to run plex if possible.
Which nas should i choose?
Thank you for reaching out! Based on your requirements, I recommend the Synology DS224+ for your needs:

Recommended NAS: Synology DS224+
Mobile App Backup: The DS224+ works with the Synology Photos app, which supports automatic photo and video backup from mobile devices.
Face Recognition: Synology Photos includes face recognition features to help you organize and tag your photos.
Plex Support: The DS224+ can run Plex Media Server, allowing you to stream your media content.
Remote Backup: You can use your Synology DS115j for remote backups with Synology’s Hyper Backup tool.
Bay Configuration: The DS224+ is a 2-bay NAS, which suits your requirement.
The DS224+ is priced around $400-$450, so it fits comfortably within your $700 budget, leaving room for additional drives or accessories if needed.