Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Replacement HDD

Hi
I bought a Qnap Desktop NAS TS-453D-8G 4-Bay RAID (8GB RAM) + PCIe + 2.5G back from you in 2020 Order ID : 81365.
One of the HDD is now showing an error in the form of bad blocks and is recommending replacement. The drive came with 4 of Seagate IronWolf (NAS) ST2000VN004 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 2TB 5900rpm. I am only looking at replacing the one failing drive.
Can you please give me a recommendation ?
Thanks for your help
Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about the issue with your drive, but it’s great that your NAS detected the problem early! Since you’re looking to replace just the one failing drive, it's important to choose a compatible replacement to ensure your NAS continues to function smoothly.

Recommended Replacement Drive:
To maintain consistency and compatibility, it's usually best to replace the failing drive with the same model or a very similar one. Here are a couple of options that should work well with your QNAP TS-453D:

Seagate IronWolf NAS HDD 2TB (ST2000VN004): Since this is the exact model you already have, replacing the failed drive with the same model will ensure seamless integration. The ST2000VN004 is designed specifically for NAS use, with features like vibration management and enhanced durability for 24/7 operation. This would be the easiest and most compatible option.

WD Red Plus 2TB NAS Hard Drive (WD20EFZX): If the exact Seagate model is unavailable, the WD Red Plus 2TB is a good alternative. It’s also designed for NAS use, with similar specifications: 5400 RPM speed, low power consumption, and good reliability for RAID setups. This drive would work well alongside your existing Seagate drives.