Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Terramaster f4-424 Nas reset

I bought a terramaster f4-424 I stuff up and need to completely start over. I have tried heaps of different things nothing works
I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your TerraMaster F4-424. It sounds frustrating, but don’t worry—I’m here to help you get things back on track.

If you need to completely start over, the best approach is to perform a factory reset. Here’s how you can do it:

Factory Reset Your TerraMaster F4-424:
Power Off the NAS:

Shut down the NAS completely by holding down the power button until it powers off.
Remove the Drives:

To avoid accidentally losing data on your drives, I recommend removing them before proceeding. Label them so you remember the order, just in case.
Reset the NAS:

On the back of the NAS, look for the reset button (usually a small pinhole). Use a paperclip or similar tool to press and hold the reset button.
While holding the reset button, power on the NAS. Keep holding the reset button for about 10-15 seconds until you see the power LED start flashing. This indicates that the reset process has started.
Release the reset button and let the NAS complete its reset process. It may take a few minutes.
Reinstall the Drives and Set Up Again:

Once the reset is complete, power off the NAS again and reinstall the drives.
Power it back on and go through the initial setup process as you did when you first got the NAS.
Method A:

1. Go to TOS > Control Panel > General Settings > System/Update & Restore > Default/Restore to Factory Default;
2. Check "Restore to Factory Default" and click "Apply";
3. After restoring the factory default, TNAS will automatically restart.
4. Please wait for about 5 minutes, use TNAS PC app to search for your TNAS device;
5. Clear browser cache;
6. Select the device and click "Login" to the "Initialization" page;
7. Follow the instructions on the web page to install the new TOS system.

Download the latest TOS installation package https://support.terra-master.com/download/?lng=en

Method B:

1. Turn off your TNAS device;
2. Remove all hard drives;
3. Turn on your TNAS;
4. Wait about 2 minutes, after the network light is on, use TNAS PC to search for your TNAS device;
5. Clear browser cache;
6. Select the device and click "Login" to the "Initialization" page;
7. When it says “No hard drives detected”, please keep the NAS powered on and insert your hard drives.
8. Follow the instructions on the web page to install the new TOS system.

Download the latest TOS installation package https://support.terra-master.com/download/?lng=en