Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

qnap TS-653 pro

My Qnap TS-653 pro fitted with 6x 6Tb WD red Drives recently crashed (possibly after auto update during night) and is now stuck in system booting mode. I am waiting to do the 100 ohm resister mod to see whether that recovers system!. I was looking at getting another nas enclosure which i could just slot my existing drives into so as to recover my data. If this is possible, please can you suggest a suitable NAS. I think my exiting drives are in raid 5 (losing 1 drive to parity?) Thanks in advance. Steve
I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your QNAP TS-653 Pro. If your NAS is stuck in system booting mode after a possible auto-update, and you're considering recovering your data by transferring the existing drives to another NAS enclosure, there are several options to explore.

Firstly, you can attempt a hard reset on your QNAP TS-653 Pro. This might force a fresh installation of QTS and could potentially resolve the booting issue. To perform a hard reset, locate the reset button (usually found on the back of the NAS), press and hold it for about 3-4 seconds until you hear a beep sound. Please note that a hard reset will reset all settings and configurations, so it's essential to have backups of important data if possible.

If the hard reset doesn't resolve the issue and you still wish to recover your data, you can transfer your existing WD Red drives to a compatible NAS enclosure that supports RAID 5 configuration. For this purpose, I recommend looking into the QNAP TS-664, which supports RAID 5 setups and can accommodate up to six drives, fitting your six 6TB WD Red drives perfectly.