Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Jonsbo N3 build

Hi!
I'm planning on building a Jonsbo N3-build. Main usage will be media storage and Plex Server.
Just ordered three 18TB drives, since I've already got one. Planning to use these in a raidz1, giving me about 50TB to start with.

Was pretty set for a build as follows.
  • Gigabyte B760I Aorus PRO, 4x sata ports and 2x m.2 (one which could be used for additional sata ports in the future)
  • Intel Core i5-12400
  • 1x32GB of ram
  • be quiet! SFX Power 3 450W
  • 1TB nvme drive as boot drive.
My plan was to run Proxmox and having truenas inside of that along with a debian VM.

But the I saw the CWWK Q670 which looks interesting. If I would go that route I wouldn't need a m.2 -> sata converter if I were to expand. But I would aslo need a more expensive CPU as the minimum supported is 12500.

Is there anything more that I really need to take in consideration before choosing?
Thanks for any feedback!
It sounds like you've got a solid plan for your Jonsbo N3 build! I would lean towards sticking with the Gigabyte B760I Aorus PRO motherboard for several reasons, primarily its build quality and reputation.

Gigabyte boards are known for their durability and reliability, which are crucial for a NAS and media server setup like yours. The B760I Aorus PRO offers a good balance of features with 4x SATA ports and 2x M.2 slots, providing flexibility for future expansions. Plus, the option to use an M.2 to SATA converter if needed gives you additional upgrade paths without immediately needing more SATA ports.

While the CWWK Q670 might offer more native SATA ports, it requires a higher CPU investment and may not necessarily provide better overall quality and compatibility for your specific use case. Gigabyte's boards are generally well-regarded for stability and longevity, which are critical for a 24/7 server setup.