Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UPS for Synology 923+

I have a 4-bay Synology 932+ (4 x 4TB HD's) with a 14TB WD backup ext HD. I use an Apple Macbook Pro 14" M1 laptop with an Apple 27" monitor.

I have just returned from a holiday abroad, and while away, I lost contact with the NAS. On returning home, I found that the fuse in the UK 3-pin plug had blown, hence the NAS failing. I have restarted the NAS, and everything so far appears to be okay.

Of course, I now realise that I need a UPS. I want a UPS that will safely continue running the NAS for a few minutes and then shut it down in the event of a power failure. Ideally, I would also be able to restart the NAS via internet remote access if I'm away from home.

What UPS would you recommend, please?
Based on your requirements, I'd recommend considering the APC Back-UPS Pro BR1500G. It offers reliable battery backup and surge protection for your Synology 932+ NAS and other connected devices. With its capacity, it should be able to provide enough runtime to safely shut down your NAS during a power outage.

The APC Back-UPS Pro BR1500G features automatic voltage regulation (AVR), which helps stabilize fluctuating power conditions, ensuring your NAS and other equipment receive clean and consistent power. Additionally, it comes with PowerChute software that allows you to remotely monitor and manage your UPS, including initiating shutdown procedures for your NAS over the internet if you're away from home.

With your budget of £300-400, the APC Back-UPS Pro BR1500G should fit within your price range while providing the necessary features and reliability to protect your NAS and other devices from power-related issues. Make sure to check the compatibility of the UPS with your Synology NAS model and any additional devices you plan to connect to it.

Or Powerwalker ups is cheap https://nascompares.com/cheapest-ups-for...-qnap-nas/