Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Asustor vs Terramaster

I currently have a Terramaster F2-210. Its gotten old, new applications are not supported, and want to use more advanced apps and functions not available on this model. I am planning to upgrade my NAS to a newer model, with Intel processors which will allow for new applications and NAS OS systems in it. I was considering the Terramaster F2-424, but have been reading about Asustor AS5402T. Now both are new, capable of a lot more than my current model, slight different in RAM, totally separate OS, but I can't find any comparisons between the two and which one seems better. They are even priced the same, so I could pick any, but I don't know which would suit me best. I am used to the TOS from Terramaster, but trying a new OS won't be too bad as long as they are easy to manage. But would love to hear or read about the operability, functionality, and why one is better, slightly better, or way better than the other one. Maybe OS is the difference, security, app catalog, etc, i don't kno
Thanks for reaching out! It sounds like you're ready to upgrade from your Terramaster F2-210 to something with more power and flexibility. Let’s compare the Terramaster F2-424 and the Asustor AS5402T to help you decide.

Terramaster F2-424
Processor: The F2-424 comes with an Intel Celeron processor, which is a nice upgrade from your current NAS. It’s capable of handling more advanced apps and functions, making it a good choice for a more powerful setup.
RAM: It typically comes with 4GB of RAM, which is decent for everyday NAS tasks, and you can upgrade it if needed.
OS: It runs on TOS (Terramaster OS), which you’re already familiar with. TOS is straightforward, but it doesn’t have as many apps or features as some other NAS operating systems.
Applications: TOS has been improving, but the app selection and overall ecosystem are still not as rich as other NAS brands. It’s suitable for basic needs but might lack some advanced functionality.
Asustor AS5402T
Processor: Also features an Intel Celeron processor, which puts it on par with the F2-424 in terms of performance.
RAM: Comes with slightly more RAM than the Terramaster, making it better for multitasking and running more apps simultaneously.
OS: The AS5402T runs on ADM (Asustor Data Master), which is user-friendly and offers a wider range of applications compared to TOS. ADM is known for its flexibility and user interface, making it easy to manage even for new users.
Applications and Features: Asustor's app catalog is extensive, with strong support for media apps, virtualization, and cloud integration. ADM also has good security features, like regular updates and a solid track record for protecting user data.
Key Differences and Considerations:
Operating System: If you're open to trying a new OS, ADM from Asustor offers more features and a broader app catalog, which could provide better functionality and user experience.
Security and Support: Asustor tends to have a stronger focus on security and provides regular updates. This can be important if you're planning to use your NAS for more advanced applications.
Ease of Use: Both NAS devices are user-friendly, but ADM has a reputation for being intuitive and offering more features for those who want to explore different apps and services.

https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/