Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS to store and access data and movies

I have several TB of data spread across several external USB disks and I would like to centralise all in the same place to:
- make it available;
-reduce unavoidable duplicates;
- increase data safety.
Thank you for providing the details about your storage needs. Based on your requirements for centralizing data, reducing duplicates, and enhancing data safety, I have a couple of NAS recommendations that should fit within your budget of 1500 to 2000 euros.

QNAP TS-464: This model is a great option for home use. It features a quad-core Intel Celeron processor, 4GB of RAM (expandable), and four drive bays. The TS-464 supports NVMe SSD caching, which can significantly boost performance, especially for frequent access to your data and movies. It's a reliable choice if you want to balance cost with robust performance and flexibility.

QNAP TS-664: If you’re looking for something with more power and capacity, the TS-664 might be the better option. It comes with a hexa-core Intel Celeron processor, 8GB of RAM (expandable), and six drive bays. This model provides additional performance and storage capacity, which can be beneficial if you plan to run virtual machines or other intensive applications alongside your data storage needs.