Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Asustor AS6704T and NVMe M.2 SSDs

Hi

I am thinking of purchasing 4x Western Digital Red SN700 -WDS100T1R0C SSDs for my Asustor AS6704T.

What is your opinion on the choice of using the WDS100T1R0C NVMe drives in an Asustor AS6704T?

Should I use heat sinks, even though the Asustor does not specify that you require heat sinks for the WDS100T1R0C?

If you do recommend using a heat sinks with the WDS100T1R0C, which brand and model number of het sink do you recommend using with the AS6704T and WDS100T1R0C SDDs

regards
Thank you for reaching out with your inquiry about using Western Digital Red SN700 NVMe SSDs with your Asustor AS6704T NAS.

Using the WDS100T1R0C NVMe SSDs in your Asustor AS6704T is a solid choice. The WD Red SN700 series is specifically designed for NAS environments, offering reliability, endurance, and performance suitable for storage-intensive applications.

Regarding the use of heat sinks, while Asustor does not explicitly require them for the WDS100T1R0C SSDs, using heat sinks can help maintain lower operating temperatures, which can contribute to prolonged SSD lifespan and sustained performance. NVMe SSDs can generate considerable heat during intensive read/write operations, and heat sinks can mitigate thermal throttling and ensure consistent performance.

There are nowadays NVMe coming with a heatsink glued to it. If you want that.