Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Plex NAS

I need a NAS that can support a moderate-sized 4k video library and 1TB max. storage for a sole-proprietor business. I'm a novice, so it should be very user-friendly. I've read your articles, watched your videos and used the NAS builder, but I still can't figure out what is best for me.

MUST HAVE: HDMI 4k/60fps; min. 2.5GBe internet; not too noisy

WOULD BE NICE: 10GBe internet, either built-in or via PCIe; horizontal form factor to incorporate into home theater, like QNAP TBS-464, Asustor Flashstor 6/12, Lincplus Lincstation N1, etc.

Thank you so much
Thanks for reaching out! I appreciate you taking the time to share your requirements for a Plex NAS setup. It sounds like you're looking for a solution that can handle a moderate-sized 4K video library and provide up to 1TB of storage for your sole-proprietor business. Let's dive into some options that should fit your needs and budget.

Considering your must-have features, such as HDMI 4K/60fps output and at least 2.5GbE internet connectivity, along with a preference for a quiet system, I would recommend looking into the QNAP TS-464. This model supports HDMI 4K/60fps, comes with 2.5GbE Ethernet built-in, and can be upgraded to 10GbE via PCIe if needed. Its horizontal form factor makes it suitable for integrating into a home theater setup, and it's designed to operate quietly, which is a definite plus.

Another solid option could be the Asustor Flashstor 6, known for its NVMe storage performance, HDMI 4K output, and support for 2.5GbE Ethernet. It's compact and should fit well into your home theater environment, offering a balance of performance and quiet operation.

For a unique approach, you might also consider the Lincplus Lincstation N1. It focuses on SSD storage, offers 4K HDMI output, and includes 2.5GbE Ethernet connectivity. Its design is tailored for aesthetic integration and is typically designed to run quietly.

Each of these options aims to provide a user-friendly experience suitable for someone new to NAS setups while ensuring you get the performance and connectivity required for your Plex media needs.