Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ugreen NAS - Plex

I acquired the new Ugreen 2 bay NAS and I'm wondering if I will be able to install Plex Media Server if not what are my options. Thank you in advance for your help.
Congratulations on your new Ugreen 2-bay NAS! Installing Plex Media Server on it can enhance your media streaming experience. While the Ugreen NAS may not support Plex directly, you can explore alternative methods to achieve your goal.

One option is to use Docker containers. Here's how you can proceed:

Install Docker: First, ensure that Docker is installed on your Ugreen NAS. If it's not pre-installed, check the NAS documentation or the manufacturer's website for instructions on how to install Docker.

Search for Plex Container: Once Docker is installed, search for the Plex Media Server container on Docker Hub or within the Docker app interface on your NAS.

Download and Run Plex Container: Download the Plex Media Server container and follow the instructions provided to run it on your Ugreen NAS using Docker. You may need to configure network settings and specify storage locations for your media libraries.

Access Plex Web Interface: After successfully running the Plex container, access the Plex Web Interface through a web browser on your computer or mobile device. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your media libraries and configure Plex according to your preferences.

Using Docker containers offers flexibility and allows you to install various applications and services on your NAS, including Plex Media Server.
Hi guys,
I just received my new NAS from UGreen and I'm trying to install Plex on it via Docker. Unfortunately, I am struggling with the instructions provided. Does anyone have a step by step I can follow? BTW, I'm on a Mac and installing Telnet on Mac isn't a breeze, at all!
Thanks for your help!
Hi Arthur. I just published a vid on this ( https://youtu.be/hpQuSRBprxk ). Apologies for the delay, been away covering computex. Have a fantastic week dude.
Have a great week! Did I help? 'Support NAS Passion' or you can also get me a ☕ Ko-fi. Thanks again for your visiting NASCompares.com.
Robbie
NASCompares
Simply Passionate About Storage