Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2.5gb ethernet has arrived here - finally

Dear NAS Compares friends:
A few years ago I hestitated to invest in a NAS system, largely because fibre and mesh router capacities here made it prohbitively expensive to gear myself up then even with a functioning 1gb LAN. Now, however, for my next round of local storage expansion, I will acquire a nice TP-Link Deco X95 mesh set up to which I want to add a reliable 4 to 5 bay NAS. Can you please tell me what is to your mind the latest/greatest Qnap 2.5gb LAN ethernet capable offering/s that may fit needs of an indie film/video pro like me, but also if you can recommend any less front-load/learning curve heavy alternative brand? I don't want to get too mired in set up and requiring deep knowledge to maintain a reliable and reasonably fast NAS system for my work, as I can imagine you hear from others like me! THANK YOU.
It's fantastic to hear about your plans to upgrade your local storage setup! With the arrival of 2.5Gb Ethernet, you're poised to significantly enhance your data transfer speeds, especially for media-intensive tasks like indie film and video editing.

For your requirements, here are a couple of recommendations:

Qnap NAS with 2.5Gb LAN:
Qnap offers several NAS models with 2.5Gb Ethernet capabilities that would suit your needs. One option to consider is the Qnap TS-453D, a 4-bay NAS that supports up to 18GB drives and features a user-friendly interface. It provides ample storage capacity and decent performance for your video editing projects.

Alternative Brand:
If you're open to exploring alternatives, Synology is another reputable brand known for its intuitive user interface and reliability. The Synology DS923+ is a 4-bay NAS that also supports up to 18GB drives and offers excellent performance for multimedia tasks. It comes with Synology's DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system, which is highly praised for its user-friendly interface and robust features.

Both Qnap and Synology NAS devices are relatively easy to set up and maintain, making them suitable options for users who prefer a hassle-free experience without diving too deep into technical details. However, if you ever need assistance or guidance, there are plenty of resources available online and dedicated communities to help you along the way.

https://nascompares.com/cheapest-2-5gbe-switches/