Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nas advice QNAP

Hi there.

Right now i'm sharing files (Photos) via cloud based services via link but i'm thinking of buying a used NAS and a friend have a QNAP TS-559 Pro II or TS-431P but i'm totally confused which one to buy. I just need the best solution to share files easy but of course with the best hardware possible. What would be the best of these to buy. Thanks a lot for a quick replay.

All the best.

BTW great site

BR
Lui
In terms of performance and hardware capabilities, both the QNAP TS-559 Pro II and the TS-431P fall on the lower end of the spectrum:

QNAP TS-559 Pro II: This model, while offering five bays for potential storage expansion, is still an older device. Its hardware and performance may not match the requirements of more demanding tasks or higher user loads. However, the additional bays provide flexibility for storage expansion and RAID configurations.

QNAP TS-431P: The "431" in its model name signifies that it has four bays and falls within QNAP's lower-tier performance range (level 31). While it may suffice for basic file sharing needs, it's important to note that its performance capabilities are limited compared to higher-end models.

Considering this, it's essential to assess your requirements carefully. If your usage involves heavy file sharing or processing demands, these models may not offer the performance you need. However, if your needs are more modest and you prioritize affordability and simplicity, they could still serve adequately.

https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/