Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nas

I'm looking for a Nas. Im a music producer that needs to store loads of audio files, lncluding some video files for the music channel.

I would like some suggestions for 4 bay nas brand and also for DIY alternatives with the list of parts that I could aquire from amazon.

Many thanks,
Brian
For your music production needs, a 4-bay NAS would provide ample storage and versatility. Considering your budget and storage requirements, I recommend exploring the Synology DS423+ NAS. It offers reliable performance, excellent software features, and expandability options within your price range. Additionally, you can consider DIY NAS alternatives by building a custom NAS using components available on Amazon.

Here's a suggested DIY NAS build using readily available parts:

Case: Fractal Design Node 804 - A compact and versatile case with ample room for drives and cooling.
Motherboard: ASRock J5040-ITX - Features onboard CPU and sufficient SATA ports for multiple drives.
CPU: Intel Celeron J5040 - Provides efficient processing power for file handling and media streaming.
RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR4 RAM - Offers enough memory for smooth operation and multitasking.
Storage Drives: Seagate IronWolf 4TB (x4) - Reliable NAS-optimized drives for storing your audio and video files.
Power Supply: EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE - Provides ample power for the components while remaining cost-effective.
Operating System: FreeNAS or OpenMediaVault - Free and open-source NAS operating systems with robust features and community support.