Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Synology RS3413xs configuration

Hello and thank you for your videos. I love these. They help me more than you can think. I have a Synology NAS RS3413xs. It has an Intel Xeon E3-1230 v2 processor. It does not have integrated graphics. I do not have a video card other than the built-in VGA it has. With that being said, I get buffering on my Firestick 4k in my bedroom. I have changed the video quality down to 2mb and that fixes my problem most of the time. But I feel as though this NAS should be able to at least supply decent videos. I have 1 gig network fiber to my house. And I have great Wi-Fi at home. What would you suggest?
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out, and I’m glad you’re enjoying the videos! For your issue with buffering on the Firestick 4K, here are a few suggestions:

Video Formats: Try using video formats that are natively supported by the Firestick, like MP4. This way, your NAS won’t have to transcode, which can be demanding for an older Xeon processor. Check the list of supported formats for your HDMI dongle to make sure your files are compatible.

NAS Upgrade: Since your Xeon doesn’t handle transcoding well, it might be worth upgrading to a newer model like the Synology DS224+. It’s more efficient, and you’ll get better performance for streaming without worrying about transcoding.