Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nas

I need something more reliable than just an External Drive for storage, got alot of stuff I want to save for a long time.
Thanks for reaching out! If you're looking for a reliable storage solution that's more robust than an external drive, a NAS is a great option. Given your budget of around 1000€ and the need for 10TB or 20TB of storage for future-proofing, I’d recommend looking at the following Synology models:

1. Synology DS224+

Description: This is a two-bay NAS, perfect for home use. It’s a newer model with good performance and a user-friendly experience. It comes with enough power to handle everyday tasks such as backups, media streaming, and file sharing.
Storage Configuration: You can start with 2x 10TB drives, which would give you the option to set up RAID 1 for redundancy (10TB of usable space) or RAID 0 for maximum storage capacity (20TB of usable space).
Why Choose It: The DS224+ is a compact, reliable option if you don't need a lot of storage bays. It's easy to manage and is a great choice for those who are looking for simplicity combined with the ability to protect their data. It's also within your budget and leaves room for expanding storage in the future.
2. Synology DS423+

Description: The DS423+ is a four-bay NAS, providing more flexibility and scalability compared to the DS224+. It’s equipped with a more powerful processor and supports up to 8GB of RAM, making it suitable for more demanding tasks like running multiple apps or light virtualization.
Storage Configuration: You can start with 2x 10TB drives and add more drives later as your storage needs grow. This flexibility allows you to use RAID 5 or RAID 6, providing a good balance between storage capacity and data redundancy.
Why Choose It: If you want to future-proof your setup with more drive bays and greater flexibility for upgrades, the DS423+ is a solid choice. It’s more capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously and can grow with your needs over time.