Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tiny quiet NAS

I'm looking to build a NAS that is tiny and quiet and stores mostly video files that can be access by an off-site plex server. I've got server I pay for overseas that runs the plex server itself, it's extremely fast but has limited storage. There are two users of the server in different Australian states, and I want to add a local storage with much more space that both users can access. I want to be able to use something like Filezilla to access both the server and the NAS and move files between them.
I saw the CWWK x86 P5 NVMe NAS review and I'm wondering if that might do the job but the read and write speed has me worried.
For your requirement of a tiny and quiet NAS mainly for storing video files accessed by an off-site Plex server, the NVMe NAS might be compact, but its storage is often limited to 4TB per NVMe drive. You don't need to worry much about read/write speeds since Plex doesn't require extremely high speeds for media storage. You might want to consider the Asustor Flashtor series, which offers multiple NVMe drives in a single compact case, providing a balance between size and storage capacity.