Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Home network build from scratch

Hello,

I have been following your youtube and went here from one of your links.
I am having trouble choosing components for my home network. Currently i have 1GB speed delivered to my modem and need completely new setup after that. House is 171 m2 in 2 storage brick house.

I have come to know that i want a 10GBE 16 Port switch to connect all my tv, computers and wifi accespoints to. Unmanaged switch is probably the best?. I will need some wifi accespoints - im thinking 3 should cover the area but I dont know witch to choose.

I have been looking at theese wifi 6 accespoints but maybe you know something better? (https://www.maxgaming.dk/dk/wi-fi-forstarkere/m32-eagle-pro-ai-ax3200-mesh-system-3-pack)

I will connect everything with Cat7 cables.

I will end by saying THANK YOU for offering help through your website, i truly means alot to have help.

Sincerely
Thomas Vorup Rasmussen
10GbE 16 Port Switch

Unmanaged vs. Managed: While unmanaged switches are simpler to set up, a managed switch offers more control over your network, which can be beneficial for optimizing performance and troubleshooting. However, if simplicity is key, an unmanaged switch should suffice.
Recommendation:
Netgear XS716T (Managed)
QNAP QSW-1208-8C (Unmanaged)
Both switches offer robust performance and reliability for a 10GbE network.
WiFi 6 Access Points

Coverage and Performance: WiFi 6 access points are a great choice for future-proofing your network and ensuring high-speed connectivity.
Recommendation:
Ubiquiti UniFi 6 Lite: These access points provide excellent coverage and performance, are easy to manage, and can be part of a mesh network if needed.
TP-Link Deco X60: Another solid option with good performance and mesh capabilities, making it suitable for a larger home.
The D-Link M32 Eagle Pro AI AX3200 Mesh System you mentioned is also a good choice, but the Ubiquiti and TP-Link options might offer better management features and reliability.
Synology wifi6 mesh system also adds parental controls.

Cat7 Cables

Ensure you use high-quality Cat7 cables to maximize the performance of your 10GbE network. Brands like Vandesail or Jadaol are reliable.