Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Plex User

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NXrUCK83X4&lc=Ugzb1HkxTa42vVgdsY14AaABAg

I followed this video, and in it you recommend to do a own plex user for the synology. What do i use the plex user for? When i signed in to my plex server from my TV i didn't need it.
Creating a dedicated Plex user on your Synology NAS has several advantages:

Permissions Management: By creating a specific Plex user, you can control access to your media files more effectively. This user can be granted specific permissions to the media folders Plex needs to access, ensuring better security and organization.

Security: Using a dedicated Plex user helps isolate the Plex server's activities from other users on your NAS. This can enhance security by limiting the Plex server's access to only the necessary directories and files.

Troubleshooting: If you encounter issues with file access or permissions, having a dedicated Plex user makes it easier to diagnose and resolve these problems without affecting other users or services on your NAS.

When You Sign into Plex from Your TV
When you sign into your Plex server from your TV or other devices, you’re using your Plex account, which is different from the user account on the Synology NAS. The Plex user account on the NAS is primarily for managing file access and permissions on the server side, not for logging into the Plex interface on your playback devices.