Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Storage expansion (enclosure) options

I have a Intel NUC that I'm using as an Unraid server. I have several 2,5" SSD's and several M.2 drives that I would like to add to the NUC. I'm looking for a good way to add several disks, without having to put every disk in it's own enclosure. There are options like the Qnap TR-004, but these are all for 3,5" drives. Any good option available to combine multiple 2,5" drives, or M.2 drives and add to Unrtaid? Thanks in advance!
Regarding your interest in expanding your storage capacity on your Intel NUC with Unraid, if you're open to using 3.5-inch enclosures, QNAP offers some versatile options that could suit your needs perfectly.

QNAP provides a range of 3.5-inch enclosures that can accommodate SATA SSDs, and they also offer adapters that allow you to fit two SATA SSDs into each bay. Additionally, they have adapters that enable you to convert NVMe SSDs to fit into these 3.5-inch bays, providing flexibility depending on your storage device preferences.
(07-16-2024, 01:57 PM)ed Wrote: Regarding your interest in expanding your storage capacity on your Intel NUC with Unraid, if you're open to using 3.5-inch enclosures, QNAP offers some versatile options that could suit your needs perfectly.

QNAP provides a range of 3.5-inch enclosures that can accommodate SATA SSDs, and they also offer adapters that allow you to fit two SATA SSDs into each bay. Additionally, they have adapters that enable you to convert NVMe SSDs to fit into these 3.5-inch bays, providing flexibility depending on your storage device preferences.

Hi Ed, thanks for the answer. I’m actually looking for something small to hold only 2,5” SSD’s or M.2 NVME. Im also following new developments of new Mini PC’s that can hold up multiple M.2 NVME drives (2+) which might also become an option. I have been looking around but could not find specific enclosures for 2,5” or M.2 drives. If you are aware of any? Thanks in advance!