Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TIF Photo Support

Slowly uploading data, specifically TIF photos. When I try to view the TIF photo, I get a black screen. How can I view the images from the NAS? It supports the viewing of JPG images.
I understand you're experiencing difficulties with viewing TIF photos on your Synology NAS, where the photos show a black screen. Given that your NAS supports a wide range of image formats, including TIF/TIFF, here are some steps to help resolve this issue:

Steps to Resolve TIF Viewing Issues:
1. Verify TIF File Integrity:
Check File Corruption: Ensure the TIF files aren’t corrupted. Try opening them on a local computer using a robust image viewer like Adobe Photoshop or GIMP.
File Size and Dimensions: Very large TIF files might cause viewing problems due to their size or dimensions. Verify if the TIF files are unusually large or have non-standard dimensions.
2. Update Synology NAS Software:
DSM Update: Make sure your Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) is up to date. Go to Control Panel > Update & Restore and check for updates.
Synology Photos App: Update the Synology Photos app to the latest version via Package Center.
3. Adjust Synology Photos Settings:
Thumbnail Generation: Check if Synology Photos is having trouble generating thumbnails for TIF files. This can sometimes result in display issues.
Re-indexing: Re-index the media library. Go to Control Panel > Indexing Service > Media Indexing and rebuild the index for your photos.
4. Use External Viewing Solutions:
Map Network Drive: Map your NAS as a network drive on your computer, and open TIF files with local applications that support TIF.
Synology Drive or File Station: Access TIF files via Synology Drive or File Station, and then open them with compatible local software.
5. Network Performance Optimization:
Upgrade to Gigabit Ethernet: If you’re using Wi-Fi, consider upgrading to a wired Gigabit Ethernet connection for faster data transfers.
Network Configuration: Ensure your network is optimized for the best performance. This includes using quality cables, routers, and switches.
6. File Conversion (If Necessary):
Batch Conversion Tools: If viewing TIF files directly from the NAS continues to be problematic, consider converting them to a supported format like JPG or PNG using tools like IrfanView, XnConvert, or Adobe Photoshop.
Automated Scripts: Set up a script or use a third-party app on your NAS to automatically convert TIF files to a more compatible format upon upload.

https://www.synology.com/en-global/dsm/7...ogy_photos