Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 bay nas for media server and file backup

hey guys, really love ur content!
i'm looking into getting a nas for a media/plex server but also file backup from family computers and devices. maybe even some vm's to play around with.
i was thinking of a 4 bay since i'd like to run probably raid 5 so i have some redundancy. i've looked into the ds423+ and 923+ and some qnap options and im honestly stuck at which one is my best option.

if you could offer some insight that would be great. thank you!
Thanks for reaching out and your kind words! For your needs involving media/PLEX streaming, file backups, and occasional VM experimentation, considering a 4-bay NAS like the Synology DS423+ or DS923+ is a smart move. Both models support RAID 5 for data redundancy and offer scalability to meet your storage demands over time. The DS423+ with its quad-core Intel Celeron processor excels in multimedia streaming and local file access, making it ideal for home use. On the other hand, the DS923+ packs more power with its AMD Ryzen processor, suitable for running VMs and handling heavier workloads. If future-proofing is a concern, the DS923+ offers robust performance that will remain relevant for years to come.
https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/