Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A nas as a plex server?

Wanna get a nas as a plex server, not looking to spend a fortune but want something good for my buck. Must have optimized for plex and streaming. I want to to have 6 bays i think.
If you're considering the QNAP TS-664 for your Plex server setup, here's a closer look at its features and suitability:

QNAP TS-664 Overview
Features:

Optimized for Plex: The QNAP TS-664 is capable of running Plex Media Server efficiently, handling transcoding and streaming tasks well.
Bays: It offers 6 bays for ample storage capacity, allowing you to store and access your media library with ease.
CPU and Transcoding: Typically equipped with a powerful Intel processor, ensuring smooth playback and transcoding of media files.
Software and Ecosystem: QNAP NAS units come with QTS operating system, providing a user-friendly interface and access to various apps including Plex.
Considerations:
Performance: Check the specific model of TS-664 to ensure it meets your requirements for simultaneous streaming and transcoding.
Storage Expansion: Assess whether 6 bays are sufficient for your current and future storage needs.
Conclusion:
The QNAP TS-664 is a solid choice for a Plex server NAS, offering good performance and storage flexibility. It should handle your Plex streaming needs effectively without compromising on quality.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance in setting up your Plex server with the TS-664, feel free to ask.