Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Beestation vs DS124

Hi,

I am looking to replace an Apple TimeCapsule that I use as a central storage at home (files, photos, ...) and also as a music library for a Sonos multi room sound system. Apple does not support SMB 2 and above which I need though to work with my music system. That's why I am looking to replace the TimeCapsule, which I was happy with so far aside from the speed

Now after researching I found two alternatives: (1) the Beestation dn (2) the DS 124.

The solution I am looking for should provide for reasonable speed and should last.

My question: will the Beestation be sufficient or would you rather recommend the DS124?

An advice would be much appreciated.

BR Fabian

PS: I am not a very technical person and just need things running. ;-)
Thank you for reaching out! I understand you're looking for a reliable replacement for your Apple TimeCapsule to serve as central storage and a music library for your Sonos system. Let's compare the Beestation dn and the DS124 to help you make an informed decision.

Beestation dn:
The Beestation offers a user-friendly experience with its simplified setup and management. It's designed for ease of use, making it suitable for non-technical users like yourself. However, it may have limitations in terms of scalability and advanced features compared to more traditional NAS solutions.

DS124:
The DS124, on the other hand, is a part of Synology's DiskStation lineup known for its robust performance, reliability, and extensive feature set. Synology NAS devices are highly regarded for their versatility, support, and regular software updates. While it may have a steeper learning curve initially, it provides greater flexibility and scalability for future expansion and customization.

Considering your preference for a solution that is easy to set up and maintain, the Beestation dn could be a suitable choice. It offers simplicity and should meet your basic storage needs effectively.

However, if you foresee your storage demands growing over time or desire more advanced features and customization options, the DS124 would offer a more comprehensive solution with Synology's renowned reliability and support.