Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best NAS for home use

Hello,

I'm a 73-year-old computer user who wants to install a simple NAS system so that I can back up my movie and movie collection and have them available for home viewing/listening. Also, I would like to have software available for my Android phone and Chromebook laptop to have these files available while I am away from home. I am looking for something simple to install, reliable and quiet that uses SSD drives.

Thank you for your time,

G
Thank you for reaching out! Considering your needs for a simple, reliable, and SSD-equipped NAS system, the Synology DS224+ could be an excellent choice for you.

Here's why the DS224+ might be a perfect fit:

Simplicity: Synology NAS devices are known for their user-friendly interface and easy setup process. With the DS224+, you'll find it straightforward to install and configure the NAS to meet your storage and media streaming requirements.

Reliability: Synology is renowned for producing reliable NAS systems with robust data protection features. The DS224+ offers hardware and software enhancements to ensure the safety and integrity of your movie and music collection.

SSD Support: The DS224+ comes with bays for 2.5" SSDs, allowing you to take advantage of SSD performance and energy efficiency. By using SSDs, you can enjoy faster access to your media files and a more responsive overall system.

Quiet Operation: Like other Synology NAS models, the DS224+ is designed for quiet operation, making it suitable for home environments where noise levels are a concern. You can enjoy your media without being disturbed by excessive fan noise.

Mobile Access: Synology offers a range of mobile apps for Android and iOS devices, allowing you to access your files remotely from your phone or Chromebook laptop. With the DS224+, you'll have convenient access to your media collection wherever you are.

With a budget of $700 CAD and a capacity requirement of 4TB, you can consider purchasing the DS224+ NAS enclosure and pair it with two 2TB SSDs for storage. This configuration will provide you with ample space for your media files while staying within your budget.
https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/