Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS Advice

My business use if for 2 main users with access at home office and remotely.

Home use if for astrophotography hobby which requires processing large and 100’s of files. Each project can be as large as 500GB.

I use Macbook pro’s M1 and higher fast machines and benefit by high speed network or direct connection to NAS.

I will also have family use NAS for backup instead of using the cloud.

Thanks. I love your Youtube channel and with all the options feel a little overwhelmed. I like the Asustor brand.
Thank you for considering your NAS options, including the Synology DS923+ and Asustor NVMe NAS, for your business and home needs. Both options offer unique features and capabilities that may suit your requirements.

Synology DS923+ Features:

Powerful Performance: The DS923+ is equipped with a quad-core Intel processor and up to 8GB of RAM, providing robust performance for multitasking and heavy workloads.
Expandable Storage: With 4 drive bays and support for up to 9 drives with expansion units, the DS923+ offers ample storage capacity for your growing data needs.
10GbE Card Support: The DS923+ is compatible with Synology's optional 10GbE network interface card (sold separately), allowing you to upgrade to high-speed 10GbE connectivity for faster data transfer and smoother workflow performance.
Synology DSM Software: Synology's DiskStation Manager (DSM) software offers a user-friendly interface and a wide range of features for data management, backup, and remote access, catering to both business and home users.
Reliable Backup Solution: With Synology's backup tools and support for RAID configurations, you can ensure data protection and peace of mind for both your business and personal data.
Asustor NVMe NAS Features:

High-Speed NVMe Storage: Asustor's NVMe NAS solutions offer lightning-fast storage performance, ideal for processing large files and improving workflow efficiency.
Versatile Connectivity: With support for high-speed network connections, including 10GbE and Thunderbolt, Asustor NVMe NAS devices provide flexible connectivity options to meet your needs.
Expandability: Asustor NVMe NAS systems are designed for scalability, allowing you to easily expand storage capacity as your data grows.
Asustor ADM Software: Asustor Data Master (ADM) software offers a user-friendly interface and a wide range of features for data management, backup, and remote access, providing a seamless user experience.