Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nas choice

I currently have a TS453b which I have had for 6-7 years, this has now failed with the red flashing light of doom. I have tried everything but it does not boot and QNAP have said we can repair for nearly £400 - WOW. So it's time to look for a new one.
If im honest I dont really use it for multimedia, it's pretty much all for backups but I want something that wont be a bottleneck on my network. I currently have a Unifi network, UDM Pro, Switch and cameras and the UDM Pro had the drive for the cameras.
Sorry for the long winded message.

Love the YouTube videos by the way
Cheers
Mark
I appreciate you reaching out, and I'm thrilled to hear you enjoy the YouTube content!

Considering your situation with the TS453b, I understand the urgency of finding a reliable replacement. Let's explore the QNAP TS-464 as a potential option based on your requirements.

QNAP TS-464:

The TS-464 is a newer model from QNAP, offering improved performance and features compared to your previous TS453b.
With its quad-core processor and up to 8GB of RAM, it provides ample power to handle your backup tasks efficiently without causing network bottlenecks.
The 4-bay design offers flexibility in storage capacity and allows for future expansion as needed.
QNAP's QTS software provides a user-friendly interface and a wide range of backup and storage management features, ensuring a seamless transition from your previous NAS.
The TS-464 falls within your budget and offers a solid balance of performance and affordability.
Considering your familiarity with QNAP and your existing setup, the TS-464 could be a great choice for your backup needs. It's a reliable and versatile NAS solution that should serve you well for years to come.