Sign Up to get more options!
After creating new account - you will have possibility to view questions only from topics in which you are interested, follow questions, rate answers. Just try it! Sign Up Now
Ive been strongly considering the QNAP TS-H686 with XeonD1602 but I did notice the tvs-672n(currently out of stock). which one should I consider?
My requirements are as follows:
1. Powerful unit with future upgrade options (adding a GPU, RAM, HDD/SSD/NvME later would be a plus)
2. I plan to start off with 3-4 4TB drives as I feel the need to start small (wallet friendly), obviously with options to upgrade to higher TB drives like a 16 or 18tb
3. Should have less power usage
4. Ability to setup a private cloud out of the box. I feel the need to completely do-away with Google Drive for long term costs and privacy concerns
5. Primary files types will be photos, videos and documents. Eventually should be in a position to integrate CCTV and some home automation.
6. Most important aspect, I would prefer something that has the least to no maintenance for the next 8-10 years.
Synology does not have the upgradable options and the flexibility offered by QNAP.