Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TB fro video editos?

Hello

First, thank you for this free help

i am a freelance video editor. i work on a Hackintosh with TB3 port available.

First i wanted to buy a Lacie 6Big 24 TB for 2200 euros. They also provide 5 years warraty on data (you send the unit and try to recover them) which is very good

But my budget is lower and i saw recently terramaster D5 thundebolt 3, 5 disks bay. On RAID 5, the system reach up to 450 500 MB/S with 7200 disks. It's kind of slow. compared to a Lacie 6big (on theory 1GB/s...don't konw if it's RAID 0 or RAID 5 at this speed) , do you think it's because Lacie use One more disk ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH8uJzs52YE (here a good test)

5 x 6TB ironwolf pro would cost 1150 euros
terra master D5 700 euros

1850 for this solution or 2200 euros Lacie 6big 24TB

What would you choosse ?

I heard that Lacie use ironwolfpro disks (i imagine that is 6x 4TB in their solution so they can reach this bandwith)

There's also Pegasus R6 which is more expensive but bettter sequential files

Thank you very much

I would personally not trust my data on TerraMaster. It is a good/cheap option for a backup. But as the main storage drive probably not yet. Lacie RAID box will include free data recovery and for 450EUR extra, it is worth it. Speed depends on the drives they use and also the number of the drives in the RAID. More drives mean better speeds.You can also explore Areca and G-Tech. They might have a good deal available.I hope this helps.