Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS capability...

hello, Just a quick question, Im looking to set up a new NAS drive function for work, but i want to know if there is a product geared or with the ability to integrate / manage accessibility levels. For example, if finance staff only need access to finance files and field workers only have access to relevant information etc...

Is this a possibility via a NAS drive or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Kind Regards,
Hayden
Yes, Synology will allow you to create separate users with unique access rights. It also comes with office suite software such as docks, sheets and chat.
Simple DS220+ will do the trick.
You can even connect your NAS to the domain your company uses: https://kb.synology.com/en-ca/DSM/help/D...?version=7

This way you will use the users in the domain to grant access to folders etc. Password and user creation will be done in domain only and you will not have to manage it in two places.
I you don't have a domain that's OK also but then you will have to create users on the NAS and distribute to the users.

My systems:
DS1821+, 10 Gbit NIC, 32 GB RAM, 5 Exynos 14 TB (1 spare on shelf) | DS3612XS, 10 Gbit NIC, 12 WD RED 3 TB (one hot spare)