Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DS 1522+ vs. DS923+ for Plex

Hi guys, really been enjoying your videos comparing different models of NAS. I saw the video comparing the DS1522+ vs. DS920+ and the 923+ plex review videos and want to make sure that I buy the correct one for my needs. I only need it for Plex Media Server to be able to share remote files between multiple other homes as well as locally on my own network. The biggest takeaway from the videos was that the 920+ was able to process the 4K files better. At this time I do not have anything 4K but with the purchase expected to be a 5-10yr investment who knows where we will be with standard video quality in the future. It is not my biggest priority at this time but a good thing to keep in mind down the road. My greatest concern right now is making sure that if multiple streams are being done over remote access Plex users it won't drop the play rate for them. Any help with choosing the best Synology model for my situation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
We're thrilled to hear that you've been enjoying our NAS comparison videos. Selecting the right NAS for your needs, particularly for Plex Media Server and remote file sharing, is crucial. After reviewing our DS1522+ vs. DS920+ and 923+ Plex review videos, we understand your concerns and aim to guide you towards the ideal Synology model.

For remote video streaming, the Synology DS920+ stands out as it's equipped with a transcoding chip, essential for efficient playback. However, it's important to note that REMOTE 4K Plex streaming is not supported by any of the NAS models mentioned. If future-proofing is a priority, the QNAP TVS-674, featuring an i5 processor and GPU card upgrade option, offers more flexibility and customization.