Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Budget NAS for media

I want to store and play back my media collection which currently uses about 6TB for my DVD/BD collection. I don't anticipate adding a lot more to it in the future. I think the PLEX server will work for me and it is unlikely that more than 2 users will ever be trying to play media at the same time.
Based on your needs, a NAS with sufficient storage capacity and the ability to run a PLEX server would be suitable for storing and playing back your media collection. Considering your expected usage, the Synology DS220+ would be a great choice. This 2-bay NAS offers a balance of performance, features, and affordability. It provides enough storage space for your current 6TB media collection and allows for future expansion if needed. The DS220+ is capable of running a PLEX server smoothly and can handle multiple simultaneous media streams, making it ideal for your anticipated usage. With its user-friendly interface and robust software ecosystem, including Synology's DSM, you'll have a seamless media playback experience. Overall, the DS220+ is a reliable and cost-effective option for your media storage and playback requirements.