Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wrx560 or mr2200ac for 2nd device?

First, the excellent in-depth review videos were a big help in helping me decide to replace my old router with the rt6600! I did purchase an mr2200 as an additional mesh point. Went this route thinking it would be better to have another tri-band.. But now am considering replacing the 2200 with the wrx560(?) any thoughts on if that would be more beneficial given that’s it’s newer technology, and I’m sure would be faster, even though it’s a dual band as opposed to Tri-band? For reference this is a home setup with the rt6600 downstairs and the current 2200 upstairs- and the upstairs unit usually has more clients connected. Appreciate your help with this.

Thanks a bunch,

Don
First of all, I'm glad to hear that our in-depth review videos were helpful in guiding your decision to upgrade your old router to the RT6600! It's a wise choice to enhance your home network. As for your query regarding replacing the MR2200 mesh point with the WRX560, let's delve into the details. While the MR2200 is a tri-band router, the WRX560 is a dual-band router with newer technology. In terms of performance, the WRX560 is expected to offer faster speeds due to its updated technology, even though it operates on dual bands. Considering that the upstairs unit, where the current MR2200 is located, tends to have more connected clients, the increased speed of the WRX560 could potentially provide a more efficient and smoother network experience for those devices. Ultimately, it depends on your specific requirements and the level of performance you desire. Weighing the benefits of newer technology and increased speed against the advantages of tri-band capability will help you make an informed decision. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or need additional assistance. We're here to help you optimize your home network setup.
Replacing the MR2200 mesh point with the WRX560 can indeed be a beneficial upgrade. While the WRX560 is a dual-band router compared to the tri-band MR2200, it offers newer technology and potentially faster speeds. Here are a few factors to consider:

1. Dual-band vs. Tri-band: Tri-band routers like the MR2200 have an additional 5 GHz band, which can help distribute the network load and reduce congestion. However, if you're not experiencing significant congestion issues, a well-performing dual-band router like the WRX560 should still provide good performance.

2. Newer Technology: The WRX560 likely incorporates newer Wi-Fi standards and technologies, such as Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), which can offer improved speeds, better performance in crowded environments, and enhanced efficiency.

3. Client Devices: Consider the devices that will be connecting to the mesh point. If your devices support Wi-Fi 6, upgrading to a Wi-Fi 6 router like the WRX560 can provide a better experience. However, if your devices primarily support older Wi-Fi standards, the benefits of Wi-Fi 6 may not be fully utilized.

4. Coverage and Placement: Evaluate the coverage and placement of the mesh point. If the MR2200 provides adequate coverage and performance in the upstairs area, there may not be a pressing need to replace it. However, if you're experiencing coverage issues or the WRX560 offers better placement options for optimal coverage, it could be worth considering the upgrade.

In summary, while the MR2200 is a tri-band router, the WRX560's newer technology and potential for faster speeds may outweigh the benefits of an additional 5 GHz band. Consider the factors mentioned above, including your specific needs, device compatibility, and coverage requirements, to make an informed decision.
Stay Cool, Save Energy!-- RTFANS