Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Films no longer playable on DS1522+

I have recently replaced my DS415play for a DS1522+. Needless to say, the experience so far has been very good to me.
I have a very nice collection of films that I used to stream to my Samsung TV (through changing the source from HDMI to my NAS), without any problems.

However, I am now facing with problem when I want to watch (the majority of) these films I get an error.

By streaming from my DS1522+ to my Samsung TV, I get the following error: "Check the network connection."

By watching these films on my computer using Video Station, I get the following error: "The video playback failed because the file format of the selected audio track is not supported. Try another available option to see if the file format is supported."

My home videos are being played without any problems.

Have I missed anything in the configuration of Video Station or Media Server on my DS1522+ or are the films simply not playable on my new NAS (and do I have to keep on using my old DS15play for watching my films)?

I would appreciate if anybody has suggestions on how to solve my problem.
Yes, Synology have restricted support for h265 and few Audio types. They seem to phase out from home multimedia market by look of it.
Old DS118 can play much more videos and audio formats then new ds223 and upcoming DS123.
In meantime, you can try third party apps like Plex, Emby etc.
Also make sure this is installed https://www.synology.com/en-uk/dsm/packa...arch=media