Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Jellyfin on Terramaster F4-423

Photo 
Hello All 

I am facing an issue with playback from my jellyfin server on the F423. 

I watched your video on Youtube and followed the instruction, went to the extra step of installing ModBase1. 

I was able to access the libraries, compile and do everything except actually playing any files (tried from the browser and the app on google TV). 

I get this error "This client isn't compatible with the media and the server isn't sending a compatible media format."

after that i tried to disable hardware acceleration, made no difference. 

I am running the latest version of TOS 5.1

The only thing i can think of is:
in the jellyfin server app it says " Setup the Ffmpeg path to /usr/local/ffmpeg51/sys/bin/ffmpeg"

when i go to the ffmpeg there is nowhere to setup up that path. 
also worth mentioning that in the Modbase1 app it notes " ModBase1 is not available in PATH", and i click on add to path, it still dispalys the same message. 

I have zero experience with linux, Just bought this NAS, followed your tutorial on how to set it up. 

Would really appreciate the help if you have the time. 

Edit 1: Under the playback of the web interface of the jellyfin server there is an option to specify the folder for " FFmpeg path:"

I tried using this "  /usr/local/ffmpeg51/sys/bin/ffmpeg " 

but unfortunately got also an error " We're unable to find FFmpeg using the path you've entered. FFprobe is also required and must exist in the same folder. These components are normally bundled together in the same download. Please check the path and try again."

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)