Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS buying advice

Hello,

I am looking to upgrade my old Qnap TS453 Pro
I need a google drive type replacement application and Qsync Pro does not work the way i need it to, would Synology Drive be a better, more google drive type solution?
I would like the most powerful synology i can get for the money, debating between the DS1621xs+ and the DS1522+, not sure if the 1522+ will be powerful enough as i want to be able to swap files with my work computer in a google drive type environment all day long, would also like to run Plex Media Server at home
Both the Synology DS1621xs+ and DS1522+ are powerful NAS solutions that can handle demanding workloads such as running a Plex Media Server and transferring files between your work computer and NAS throughout the day.

In terms of a Google Drive replacement application, Synology Drive is a great option that offers similar functionality and features. With Synology Drive, you can sync files between devices, share files with others, and collaborate on documents in real-time. It also offers mobile access to your files via the Synology Drive app, which is available for both iOS and Android devices.

Regarding your choice between the DS1621xs+ and DS1522+, the DS1621xs+ is a more powerful option with a higher-end CPU and RAM configuration, which can handle more demanding workloads. However, the DS1522+ is also a great option that can handle most tasks with ease. Ultimately, the choice between the two will come down to your budget and specific needs.