Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Updating jellyfin in Qnap container station

Hello, I have install & running jellyfin v10.8.7 in qnap container station (Docker); I'm having issues figuring out how to updating the image to the latest. Short creating a new image & possible losing my current config, can you assist I would very much appreciate the help.

Thank you in advance
very informative channel.
Sure, I can help you with that. To update the Jellyfin image to the latest version, you can follow these steps:

Open Container Station on your QNAP NAS and stop the current Jellyfin container.
Click on "Create" and search for "jellyfin" in the search bar.
Select the "Jellyfin" image from the list of available images.
Click on "Advanced Settings" and select the "Volume" tab.
Click on the "+" button to add a new volume.
Map the existing configuration folder in your old container to the new container by entering the path in the "Container Path" field and selecting "Read/Write" access.
Map the media folder(s) to the new container if needed.
Click on "Create" to create the new container.
Start the new container and check if everything is working fine.
Once you have verified that the new container is working correctly, you can delete the old container.
By following these steps, you should be able to update your Jellyfin image to the latest version without losing your current configuration. However, it's always a good idea to back up your configuration files before making any changes, just in case something goes wrong.