Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS Recommendation for small local/remote team

I am looking for a NAS solution. We have one video editor who will be working at the same location as the NAS and two content creators/editors who will need access from all over the world. For the remote team, internet upload speed at the NAS location will be the bottleneck. All team members are using Macbooks. Videos are very large and are shot in raw format. We have been looking at the Qnap 874 with the i9, but are wondering if it's more than we need. We are all new to the process of editing with a team and are just now learning to edit on a more professional level, so any advice regarding workflow would also be welcome. Thanks for your time.
Based on your needs, both the TS-874 and TS-674 with an i5 processor would be suitable options for your team. However, if budget is not a concern, the i9 processor on the TS-874 would provide more power and speed for video editing tasks.

As for workflow, it's important to establish a clear and organized system for file management, especially when multiple team members are working on the same project. You can create shared folders on the NAS and set access permissions for each team member. It's also a good idea to use a project management tool to keep track of tasks and deadlines.

For remote team members, you may want to consider using a VPN to securely access the NAS from outside the local network. You can also set up a cloud backup solution for added redundancy and protection against data loss.