Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What Plex NAS ?

I've been looking at your vids with a few to upgrading my DS 720+ to a 4 bay NAS. I basically only use it for Plex. On the client side I have the latest Apple TV 4k. I view through a Sony KE- 48A9 OLED if I need to which also handles all the files formats I need.

With that in mind I am a little confused over the most suitable 4 bay to buy. I love DSM of course but have you a suggestion of Synology or even other makes to go for please
Based on your needs, the Synology DS920+ would be a great choice for your upgrade. It has the power to handle your Plex media server and comes with a 4-bay design to allow for expandable storage. The DS920+ also has an Intel Celeron J4125 Quad-Core 2.0 GHz processor and 4GB of DDR4 memory, which should be more than enough for your needs.

However, if the DS920+ is not available, the DS423+ could also be a good choice as it has similar specs to the DS920+. Keep in mind that newer models of the DS423+ may have an H.265 encoder restriction, which could affect your ability to stream certain media files.
Wow...is this another case of Synology shooting themselves in the foot regarding home users or the Plex driver issue ? If its Synology I'll be moving to Qnap, Terramaster or even Assustor.