Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Asus XG-C100C 10G networkd adapter

Hi all,

Hope you are all well.  :-)

I've got a Synology 1821+ NAS and I fitted the Synology 10 Gbe card to it a while back. I then fitted an Asus XG-C100C 10G network adapter to my PC to set up 10 Gbe networking with my NAS. I have got the network up and running and it's plenty fast enough to edit live in daVinci Resolve Studio, so I'm fairly happy with the whole thing.

BUT,

I could have sworn when I first set it up, it was running at 10 Gbe and now it appears to only run at 5 Gbe. I have tried switching various settings within Win10-64 for the network card but I can't seem to make the NAS or my PC report it as a 10 Gbe connection.

Does anyone know a trick to get this card set up and running at full speed? I am still running the mainboard onboard 1 Gbe network connection to my 1 Gbe switch, but my Asus 10 Gbe card is connected directly to my Synology card. The Synology DSM software reports the speed as 5000 Mbps, Full Duplex, MTU 9000. The only reference to jumbo frames in the Asus driver I can find allows me to set it to MTU 9014 bytes.

Any help or suggestions, much appreciated.

Kind regards, A.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Are you using CAT6a cable?
(12-14-2022, 11:38 AM)ed Wrote: Are you using CAT6a cable?

Yes. Short ones. In red.
There are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue with your 10 GbE connection not running at full speed:

Check the cables: Make sure you are using high-quality, certified 10 GbE cables to connect the NAS and your PC. Poor quality cables can cause connectivity issues and reduced performance.

Check the MTU settings: The Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) is the largest packet size that can be transmitted over a network. If the MTU is set too low, the packets will be fragmented, which can cause reduced performance. Try setting the MTU on both the NAS and your PC to 9000 or 9014 bytes to see if this helps.

Check the driver settings: Make sure you are using the latest driver for your 10 GbE network adapter. You can also try disabling any power-saving features in the driver settings, as these can sometimes cause performance issues.

Check the switch: If you are using a switch to connect the NAS and your PC, make sure it is a 10 GbE switch and that it is configured correctly.

Check the network configuration: Make sure the NAS and your PC are both configured for 10 GbE networking. You may need to manually configure the network settings on both devices to use the 10 GbE connection.

I hope these suggestions help!