Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Outdoor camera to monitor bird nest

Hi Robbie, really enjoy your YouTube videos. I'm hoping you can help me here; I'm stumped. I'm looking for an outdoor camera to monitor a bird nest but can't find a good solution. Perfect world would be Battery powered wireless. Close up ability or good resolution would be nice. Have you seen anything under $100 (or near) that would work? I don't want to buy a "Sync module" or a subscription. I can bend on the subscription rule if it's cheap. The location is fairly dry so an indoor cam would probably work as well. Thank you for your time.
Hi there, thank you for watching my videos! For your outdoor camera needs, there are a few options to consider. One option is the Wyze Cam Outdoor, which is a battery-powered wireless camera with 1080p resolution and close-up capabilities. It's priced around $50 and doesn't require a subscription, though it does come with limited cloud storage. Another option to consider is the Blink Outdoor Camera, which also offers battery-powered wireless operation and 1080p resolution. It's priced around $80 and comes with free cloud storage for up to 24 hours of footage. Keep in mind that both of these cameras may require occasional charging, especially if they are frequently triggered by activity. I hope this helps!
Also, none of the battery-powered cameras can be connected to a NAS.