Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ds414 to ds109+ migration

Hi, apologies for the question but I don't understand from the article if i can just move the hdd from my ds414 to my new ds1019+. If not, what do you think would be the best way forward to safely move my data? It's a 6+6+4 shr.
Also I never quite understood the limitations of the 414 (something to do with the 32bit cpu and no support for btrf). Would I be better off creating a new volume on the new nas then move the data via network?

Thank you very much, awesome website
Based on your situation, I would recommend copying the data over the network instead of using a USB backup drive. This is because transferring the data over the network will be faster and more efficient, and it will allow you to set up the file system and RAID properly.

To do this, you can connect both NAS devices to your home network, and then use the file transfer feature in the Synology DSM operating system to copy the data from your old DS414 to your new DS1019+. This will allow you to create a new volume with the file system and RAID configuration that you prefer on the new device, while still keeping all of your data intact.

Additionally, copying data over the network will also allow you to access your data while the transfer is taking place, which means that you can continue to use your data and access your files as needed.