Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 QNAP TS-262 Questions

I bought a TS-262 after TS-212 HD fail (9 years). Just updated router, therefore, seemed right to get a newer NAS (not replace a disk in old hardware). Went small on drives (4GB - Raid 1) - serves immediate needs (images and music); might try video via PLEX; challenge for another day. Questions at hand…

Is there any way to control the decibel of the BEEP notification? It WAY louder than the old one- I used to do weekly scheduled reboots- but the 262 is so loud it wakes me up! Would really like to turn down the tone a bit. LMK!

The big one. I have used the QNAP HBS software to SYNC the data from 212PUBLIC - - > 262PUBLIC. I am now trying to create the share for Multimedia on the 262– but File Station will not allow me to create that. Do you know why? Is that reserved somewhere? In the end – I need to SYNC the data in the Multimedia share from the 212 to the 262. Help!
Congratulations on your new QNAP TS-262 NAS! I'll do my best to answer your questions:

Regarding the loud beep notification, there may be a setting to adjust the volume in the NAS Control Panel. Go to "System Settings" > "Notification" > "Buzzer Settings" and see if there's an option to adjust the volume or disable it altogether. If that doesn't work, you may want to contact QNAP support for further assistance.

As for the issue with creating a share for multimedia on the TS-262, it's possible that the name "Multimedia" is already being used by a system folder or reserved for some other purpose. Try using a different name for the share and see if that works. If you're still unable to create the share, you may want to contact QNAP support for assistance.

Once you have created the multimedia share, you can use the HBS software to sync the data from the 212 to the 262. Make sure that you set up the sync job in HBS to copy the data to the correct destination folder on the TS-262.