Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS-raid recommendation

I need advice or recommendation to upgrade my current storage and backup system. I am a non-professional photographer and writer, not an expert but I am fluent in computer systems and usage. Currently, I use an iMac with an external G-Drive Raid 0, 8TB, and a bunch of WD external drives for backup purposes, and Dropbox for cloud backup. Although comfortable with WD, I am considering an SYNOLOGY NAS-raid enclosure to upgrade and consolidate my current setup. I am considering having an 8 or 12-TB raid 1 for primary backup and multiple JBOD drives for archiving and secondary backups. Any configuration and product recommendation will be highly appreciated thank you.
The Synology DS923+ is a good recommendation for your needs. It supports NVMe storage pools and 10GbE network connectivity, which will give you fast storage performance and efficient data transfers. You can use it to set up a RAID 1 for your primary backup, and multiple JBOD drives for archiving and secondary backups. The DS923+ is also equipped with powerful hardware and robust software, making it a reliable and efficient NAS solution for your needs.