Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can't reply via YouTube comment, PS5 storage on NAS

Tried to reply to your request, via Youtube. I ran into difficulties, so I thought I'd try here

To store Playstation games on a NAS you have to use hardware, such as a Rock Pi which supports USB OTG and Ethernet to set up an iSCUSI LUN which the PlayStation can use. Most NAS devices (I'm aware of) don't have a driver to support that functionality via their LUN tools, if they did the additional hardware would be unnecessary.

Game Reactor also did a setup and demo video using a PS4 and QNAP NAS. Gary Explains did something similar with a Synology NAS. Searching for Making a piSCSI USB Drive — Part 2" should reveal a write up by Matt Olan which may be useful.

I've tried writing a comment with links, then coded links, but they keep getting hidden, so hopefully, that's enough to get you started. If not, LMK, via email and I send some links. The rest of this was written as a YouTube comment. There was a longer one, but it was to long for this form.
Thank you for reaching out and providing this information. It sounds like setting up a PlayStation to use a NAS for storage can be a bit more complex, but it is possible with the right hardware setup.

From what you've mentioned, it seems like a Rock Pi device with USB OTG and Ethernet support, along with an iSCSI LUN, is necessary to make this setup work. Additionally, it's good to know that there are tutorials and write-ups available, such as those by Game Reactor and Gary Explains, that can provide guidance on the process.

If you have any additional resources or information you would like to share, please feel free to reach out again. I appreciate your contribution to the conversation.