Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

920+ from UK?

Current: 416j+4x4TB (WD CRX 64MB cache)

Change to newer NAS? 923+ not supporting video transcoding Sad 920+ reselling for higher than the 923 (clear market signal)

Use case: bunch of movies which 416j serves fine through my network (SD quality) - but would prefer to be able to transcode on the fly.

Additionally, I have a lot of raw footage from soccer games that take up lots of space. Eventually I intend to reduce those assets as I process them, but I just don't have the bandwidth to go over them, so I keep dragging them along. I wonder whether the 1Gb limitation would be an issue for me.

Finally, found a brand new 920+ on eBay in UK (says UK version) - price is "reasonable" (same as 923). Is there any difference with the US version?

Thanks!

The only difference is the power plug. You may need a converter plug. Otherwise, the power input is the same on both models 12V.
If you only have SD video, ds923+ will cope with that. In fact, it can handle transcoding up tp 1080p.
DS920+ goes up to 4k.
1GbE connection limits upload speed to around 60-100MB/s. Having 10GbE connection would increase this to 500-1000MB/s depending on media inside.

I hope this helps.