Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lockerstor

Hi,
I recently bought asustor lockerstor 2 gen2 and exploring its capabilities. One of the troubles I am facing is finding duplicate files. Since the NAS runs docker, I thought It would be a breeze to install dupeGuru or czkawka. Unfortunately, I was unable to make them work. I am sure I am not the only one desperate for this functionality, so an answer to this and perhaps a video would be really helpful.
Kind regards.
Michal
One option is to use the built-in duplicate file finding feature in the Asustor Lockerstor 2 gen2's operating system, ADM. To do this, you can navigate to the "File Explorer" app, and then select the folder where you want to search for duplicates. Next, click on the three dots on the top-right corner and select "Duplicate files" . This will scan the selected folder and display any duplicate files that it finds.

Another option would be to use a third-party software such as "Anti-Twin", "Easy Duplicate Finder" or "Duplicate File Finder Pro" that can be installed on your computer and connect to the NAS via SMB or NFS.

It's also worth checking the Asustor's forum or community page for more specific instructions and troubleshooting tips, or even asking the support team.
(01-27-2023, 11:53 AM)ed Wrote: One option is to use the built-in duplicate file finding feature in the Asustor Lockerstor 2 gen2's operating system, ADM. To do this, you can navigate to the "File Explorer" app, and then select the folder where you want to search for duplicates. Next, click on the three dots on the top-right corner and select "Duplicate files" . This will scan the selected folder and display any duplicate files that it finds.

Another option would be to use a third-party software such as "Anti-Twin", "Easy Duplicate Finder" or "Duplicate File Finder Pro" that can be installed on your computer and connect to the NAS via SMB or NFS.

It's also worth checking the Asustor's forum or community page for more specific instructions and troubleshooting tips, or even asking the support team.

Hi,
I have an Asustor AS6704T, but i cant find duplicate find steps on "File Explorer" you describe above.