Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Replacing 415+. and brain now scrambled.

I have watched many of the YouTube videos for a very long time. Now my 415+ has a board problem and need to replace it. From 211j was easy selection, this time options are not so easy.

Only a home user and never really utilised the 415+ to the max, so whatever I select will be the same TBH. None the less as the cost is all in the same range of the options I am looking at 920+, 923+ and 1522+. The cost is not a main issue, but don't want to waste money stupidly, I like quality. Just like most we buy, never get to use all the options, but want them Rolleyes

Synology are pushing to use Enterprise HDD''s and had decided that might be better, or just gullible? You have alluded to Seagate as an option.

If the cost of 920+, 923+ or 1522+, were the same cost hypothetically, would that really affect the choice? That might help.
Lesson learn't years ago, to try and get the better model even if it is more and don't skimp and regret.

Thanks.
DS1522+ is practically the same as DS923+ with an extra HDD bay (4 bays vs 5 bays). Neither of them have a multimedia chip built-in. The DS920+ is now replaced with the DS923+ and people try to get this model while they still can, thanks to the built-in graphics.
The AMD CPU is faster if you need things like virtual machines and 10Gbe support, or even NVMe pools.
HDD restrictions only apply to XS series models.